Seven faculty honored at 2015 Trustee Celebration
Seven faculty members of the Biomedical Engineering Department were honored at the 2015 Trustee Celebration. This is an excellent number for the department and highlights the stature of BME in the institute.
Specifically, the honored faculty were:
- Mariah Hahn (promotion to Professor)
- Guohao Dai (promotion to Associate Professor and also recipient of the 2015 James M. Tien '66 Early Career Award and of the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) 2015 Rising Star Award)
- Juergen Hahn (elected as Trustee of Computer Aids for Chemical Engineering (CACHE) and appointed to editorial board of Processes)
- Eric Ledet (received 2015 "ISSLS Prize" from the International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine and the journal SPINE)
- Ge Wang (named Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS))
- Uwe Kruger (names Associate Editor of Control Engineering Practice)
- Qun (Leo) Wan (received School of Engineering Research Excellence Award)
Congratulations to everyone! This has been a very successful year for the department.