The Department of Biomedical Engineering has a long, successful history of providing our students with a first-class educational experience. We pursue this goal through innovative pedagogy, outstanding facilities, and our world-class faculty. Ours is a community of scholars, bringing together a faculty equally adept in the laboratory and in the classroom, our incredibly talented and engaging student body, and a caring, dedicated staff. We are justifiably proud of our international reputation for excellence, and – most of all – proud of our many accomplished, successful alumni.
Investing in the Future of BME
To help us realize and sustain our vision for a department having global impact, we rely on donors who are for the most part people like you. Support from alumni and other friends create opportunities for students in the form of educational or research support, laboratory and infrastructure development, travel grants, invited lectures, and so much more. These gifts underwrite the investments so critical to our collective future as we educate the engineers who will address society’s most vexing problems; the innovators who build the national wealth.
We invite you to consider making a gift to BME. Gifts to the Department Head’s Excellence Fund provide discretionary resources to be used according to the greatest need or opportunity. Gifts will be used to:
- Create top-notch learning programs for undergraduates
- Support and reward the research endeavors of our very best students
- Facilitate cutting edge research efforts that advance both technology and engineering
- Attract and hire the most competitively recruited engineers at every stage of their careers
- Support the best and brightest graduate students in their pursuit of a Ph.D. degree
- Bring distinguished lecturers to the School, benefiting both faculty and students
- Establish and equip cutting-edge research laboratories
For more information about making a gift to BME, please visit Rensselaer Giving.
If you would like to make a gift now:
- You may give online directly. Please specify that your gift is for BME and how you wish your gift to be designated: Department Head’s Excellence Fund, or a specific purpose. For more information please contact Juergen Hahn, Department Head of BME, at 518-276-2414 or email him at email@example.com who will get you in touch with the appropriate person from the institute advancement office.
You may also send a check or money order to Rensselaer at:
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Gifts Processing Center
PO Box 3164
Boston, MA 02241-3164
Please specify that your gift is for BME and how you wish your gift to be designated: Department Head’s Excellence Fund, or a specific purpose. For more information please contact Juergen Hahn, Department Head of BME, at 518-276-2414 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org who will get you in touch with the appropriate person from the institute advancement office.